The Tapas in Nerja

One of the things I love about Nerja is the number of great tapas bars. Before I came to Nerja, I had no idea what a tapa was. I thought it was some traditional Spanish delicacy. For anyone who doesn't know, a tapa is a small portion of food that the Spanish like to take with a beer. It can be hot or cold. Meat, fish or veg. You normally get a tapa free with each beer you order.

My first tapas experience was at "Bar Redondo" (the "Round Bar"). This place is great for those new to tapas. All the tapas available are stored in chilled display cabinets on the bar. You select the one you want when you ask for your beer.

My favourite tapa has to be "Carne con tomate" (Meat in tomato sauce, normally pork). Monica always takes the mick out of me for asking for it. She convinced that the only phrase I know in Spanish is "Una CaƱa y carne con tomate por favor".

Monica and I love going out for a tapa or 3. I will write about our favourites someday and add them on here.

No comments: