January will be all about property. Selling my house in the UK and finding a new place for us in Nerja.
2007 was a disaster with regards to my efforts to sell 41 Oakcroft. It started with Bridgefords attempts to sell. Two sales people visited and gave a very polish, professional sales pitch that persuaded me to go with them. It transpired that all there "promises" were about as reliable as a party political manifesto.
Having sacked them, I gave my second choice estate agents, Edward Mellors, a go. I admit now that this was against the advice of Monica. It seemed a bit like deja vu. They were better than Bridgefords but I wasn't impressed with answers I got when I pushed about why my house was not selling. "We have had 41 viewings. My job is to get people through the door.". Sorry but your job is to sell my house.
Next up to the plate is WC Dawsons, Monica's original choice back in January last year. Already it seems to be an improvement on the other two. Only time will tell if they actually are. In the meantime, I have tasked Papa to do a few odd jobs around the house to improve my chances of a sale.
On the Nerja front, the aim is to find a suitable place in Nerja town centre for long term rent. Early indications show that this will not be any easy task. The places with the perfect location have an old fashioned interior. The apartments with all the mod cons are small and the other side of town. A compromise may be required.
As this is top priority, all other projects go on the back burner. Travel plans may be hatched early Feb. The subscription to the gym and language classes will keep until the beginning of next month.
No comments:
Post a Comment