Tapas con Quorum.
An interesting fact was discovered about the various types of tapas bars around. One of the things I don’t like about certain places is the very bright light. Apparently, this marks out the bar as a “marisqueria”. Somewhere you go when you want fish or seafood. Bars with softer lighting are “Mesons” and specialise in Meat. Los Pescaitos as the name gives away is a “marisqueria”. Tapas included “almecas” (shellfish) and “gambas” (prawns).
The next bar we visited was los sevillanos and is a “meson”. Here we had a variety of tapas including a rather nice “ensaladilla Rusa”. It was here that we broke from Spanish as Philipe came over to the naughty corner. He told me that he was a keen guitarist and was hoping to learn Flamenco, so I told him to check out “El Molino”. I didn’t realise we would be going that evening.
The next bar was one of our favourites on this side of town, El Bodeguilla. We took our places at the back of the bar and was soon tucking into more lovely tapas. It was here that Mari-Carmen told Philipe about El Molino also. It turns out that her father owns the place! So off we went for a bit of flamenco.
In El Bodeguilla.
Elena tucking in.
We took pride of place below the virgin and I took my first ever taste of vino de frigiliana. A very sweet wine that has a bit of a kick Monica warned me. Mari-Carmen plonked 3 bottles of the stuff on our table. As the wine kicked in, I discovered other hidden talents of the Quorum staff. Fran fancies himself as a bit of a Flamenco singer. Elena then treated us to a display of Sevillano dancing on the stage. Great night out. I’m sure to have a sore head in the morning.
Fran enjoying the Flamenco.
Mari Carmen enjoying the local wine.
1 comment:
Looks like a good night out.
Where is El Bodeguilla? Is that the one that's a few doors down from Villa Sol, the estate agents on the corner of Tutti Frutti?
Post a Comment