However, there have been a few other effects that my little blog has had. Through the blog I have met up with another Blogger based in Nerja, Robbie. It’s such a bizarre experience to meet someone whom you feel you know after reading their blog for several months! So for an alternative view from an exile in Nerja visit http://theboywholikesto.blogspot.com.
I suppose that the blog being on the World Wide Web it is only to be expected that people who don’t know me will stumble on it from time to time. Members of the TOGS golf society have commented that they have seen my ugly mug on the web. I have even been stopped in Burriana by people who have recognised me via this blog. So if you don’t know me but find yourself reading this blog, welcome! Leave me a comment and tell me how on earth you managed to stop by.
But last week the blogs fame was taken to a new level. A feature in the local “InfoNerja” newspaper no less! I usually flick through the pages to practice my Spanish. The “Letters” page is great as it uses Spanish as spoken in the streets. One particular article caught my eye, or should I say the photo did.
Looks familiar.
It was a letter regarding the closure to traffic of Calle Antonio Million, near Tutti Frutti. A picture of a woman walking in the centre of the street. She looked familiar. It was Monica! Wait a minute, not only is it Monica but it is my photo! How the hell did that get in the local newspaper?

The Original.
I had visions of the InfoNerja journalists pouring over all the local bloggers sites. Looking for interesting photos, articles and the like about Nerja. How long have I been on their radar? Intrigued I investigated further. It turns out that my blog probably isn’t on the InfoNerja watch list. A quick Google image search for “Call Antonio Millon” shows that my photo is number one. I wonder if I’m due any royalties?
No comments:
Post a Comment