Feliz Cumpleanos a mi!

Today, the 5th July, is my birthday!

How will I spend it compared to future years? Who knows, but from now on I will track my birthdays with this blog. Have I got any wiser? Still prefer Mahou over Cruzcampo? Carne con tomate or fish & chips? And will I be able to speak bloody Spanish!

Today's plan is to go to the Nerja Film club to watch "Volver". Spanish film with English subtitles and the lovely Penelope Cruz. Then it is on to Blanco y Negro to see if Fran from the Gym can sing or not. Obviously, a few beers will pass my lips but not too many. Work tomorrow.

Morning:

A few birthday emails received. JRP suggests that I should drink a few san miguels to celebrate. Alas, not to be as it is a work day. Later, maybe. Had to nip out to pay the road tax. Apparently I should have done this in March. Pues, manana manana.

Lunch Time:
nice meal on the terrace. Basking in the sunshine, and just for John, a cheeky san miguel. Damn, its a zero zero. Oh well, at least its sunny.


Boss's orders!

The Night:

Paco allowed Monica to leave work early so that we could go and watch the film. The Nerja film club showed "Volver" at "El Bar Siete", near the bus stop. The first 20 minutes or so was really uncomfortable as the place was red hot. I was sweating like a pig. We moved nearer the door for some fresh air and then began to enjoy the film.

Apparently it was a typical Amodavar film. Strong issues, strong female characters and dry humour. definitely recommend everyone to watch this. The discussion after the film was a lot better than the last time. It was almost all in Spanish. Good for my education.

For the night, we moved on to the centre for some tapas and cerveza. Our usual place was closed, so we went to the new place in town, "La Fonda Del Budha". This is a huge place on the same street as the round bar. Very swish! The plan was then to move on to Blanco y Negro but it was dead. So, off to another tapas bar, la piqueta on Calle Pintada. Always like the tapa their. You don't get a choice but you are rarely disappointed.

In La Fonda del Budha.

Finally to Blanco y Negros. The place was still quiet. The karaoke had not started and it was gone 11pm. No sign of Fran. Joachin did come in though. So we had a few beers with him. Still cannot understand much of what he says but at least I am trying a bit harder now. We decided to give up on Fran at around 1:30ish. Apparently, the place stays open till 5am. We would have never made it.
Dean, Monica and Joachin.

No comments: