TOGS - Golfer of the Year August

A return of the "Golfer of the Year" competition and I needed a good round to get myself in to contention. Another visit to the feria and a late night wasn't the best preparation. It turned out to be a baking hot day and it would soon have an affect on me.

Playing partners for today's round were Charles Wheeler, Avis and George Clay. First group away and Charles let fly with a drive straight sown the middle. What would be my opening shot? The usual 5-iron straight into the bunker. Still, managed to get out easily enough and with a good chip set-up my par. Result!

And that was the highlight of my round. I hit bunkers and had trouble escaping on the next two holes. Oddly enough I seemed to be hitting the ball well. The left to right slice had gone and I was hitting it straight. Trouble was, I was aiming left and ended up in trouble. Still, encouraging signs.


Joe takes Nasir's money but still manages a smile

I scored a lowly 13 points for the front 9. The heat was really getting to me and I was sure that the back 9 would be a disaster. It turned out to be as I failed to break double figures. This included losing 4 balls in two lakes on the 13th and 14th holes. Pathetic!


Captain gets more than he bargained for


The winners



No comments: