Heaton Park

Heaton Park. The home of the learner golfers. The place used to strike terror in me when I first started. The cavernous gorge you had to cross 3 times. The blind shots. The uphill holes. So when Daz asked if I wanted to play and was intrigued into how I would find it now.

The most infuriating thing about the place is the number of blind shots you have to hit. It seemed that every shot I was asking Daz what was behind the hill. At least the threat of afternoon rain had kept the course clear. We had a relatively clear track in front of us.


The golf went well for the first 9 holes. Some good shots. Some great. The drive on the par-5 7th was past Rawdo's by 7 yards! Extremely rare event. I even made the green in two, only for the ball to fall off to the right.



The first gorge crossing. 1 Day I will make it!

It couldn't last and disaster struck on the 10th. We were kept waiting for 10 minutes as we caught up some hackers in front. The wait did my back no good. Every shot from then on was poor. I never made it across from any of the 3 gorge crossings. In the end I limped home with a 95.

No comments: