First stop was Copacabana's for a jug of sangria as an aperitif. Well, we haven't found a place in Nerja that does Spritz yet. We asked Teresa to make sure that Francois made a lighter version. The last time we sampled the sangria is was on the strong side, more like rocket fuel. Well Francois's motto is "Nobody leaves my bar sober!".

Andrea tucks into the paella.
We decided on trying one of the merendero's for dinner. I don't normally like them as they always seem to be noisy and the service is not great as they are usually busy. I also don't like the sand under my feet when eating. Must be turning into a snob. Ayo's, legendary for its Paella, was a non-starter. This place personifies all the those things and then some more. It's just not for me. So we gave "Montemar" a try.
No idea what it is but it's tasty!
Determined to stick with the fish, I went for the "Lenguado a la plancha". We also ordered a plate of some type of "shell fish" that I haven't a clue what it was. Roberto seemed to know. Apparently, you dig them out from the beach. Surprisingly, they were very nice. So was the prawns in pil pil sauce.
My fish supper.
The place was busy and sure enough the service was slow. Monica had to ask 3 times before we managed to get our drinks order. However, the food was nice when it arrived. Roberto had to remove the bones from my fish. I will have a go next time. I am getting a bit more comfortable seeing the fish head on my plate now. I am going to have to. "Fish every day" Roberto promised on my next visit to Venice.

Can't wait for Venice.
No comments:
Post a Comment