Urgencias Part 1

The end of the Cipolata holiday grew near. The end of Antonella's culinary delights, such as the tomato's stuffed with meat and other goodies and not forgetting the fantastic home-made tiramisu. We thought we would have a relaxing Saturday morning on the beach whilst Monica was at work.

I decided to show my footballing skills off to Andrea as we had a game of head tennis on the volleyball court. Well, I showed him that I had a 50p head as I kept heading the ball 10 feet in the wrong direction every time. Still, we were determined to break 10. Before I collapsed from exhaustion, we managed a spectacular 11 times. I felt that it deserved a lap of honour in true Italian style (shirt over the head like Ravenelli). Disaster! the pain in my shoulder re-appeared with a vengeance.


Better late than never? Hardly!

As I was recovering on the beach, Roberto decided he could go one better. He decided to go off for a swim. No sooner had he dived in a swam a fair distance out, a "socorrista" appeared and hammered a warning notice into the beach. Beware of Jellyfish! Too late for Roberto as he was stung on the neck. After receiving treatment at the emergency hut on the beach the sting mark appeared to get worse as was the pain so off we went to the chemist for some stronger painkillers.


Roberto after the attack.


Not too many venturing in to the sea.

We spent the afternoon at the 10 pin bowling centre at Velez-Malaga. I was still feeling a bit of pain in my shoulder but it seemed to ease when I moved it. 3 games later and everyone had managed to get a least one strike. I won two games so was crowned champion bowler! The sweet taste of victory was to turn sour though the following morning....


Andrea bowls them over.

No comments: