Dinner table prepared.
Yesterday was primarily fish. Today was all about meat. Even though you know that there are plenty of dishes yet to be served, it is very difficult not to say “Si” when offered a little more as the food is delicious. It seems that I am viewed as the disposal unit as any leftovers generally head over to my plate. They must think that I don’t eat when I’m in Spain.
No more party hats please.
After lunch and its time for the annual sporting event, Ping-Pong. A table is cleared and the net is set-up. The competition is fearsome and the dimensions of the table are checked rigorously to avoid anyone gaining an unfair advantage. I haven’t played table tennis for years and was paired with Marcello, a keen Ping-Pong exponent. Unfortunately, it appears that all the family were experts too. We promptly lost the first two games and I was the weak link of the side.
Roberto carefully prepares the match table.
The Ciplolato's to strong for us.
Monica didn’t do any better with her match against Antonella. From a commanding 20-15 winning position she contrived to lose 23-21. “Well, I have to let my sister win” was the rather unconvincing explanation given post defeat. The spirit of Christmas must have been in the air as Marcello agreed to be my partner again. This time we went on an amazing three-game winning streak and ended undisputed champions of Guidecca. However, Germano still saw that I was the weak link and proceeded to give me a lesson in the art of Ping-Pong. At the end I was dripping with sweat and shattered. Definitely have to go to the Gym next year.
Monica with 5 match points must win!
No comments:
Post a Comment