Because I had golf early the next day we decided to take it easy. That meant the pre match drink at Cavana 5 was an Iced T for Monica and a Cafe con Leche for me. Africa was shocked enough to put her duster down for a minute.
On to Meson De Julio. The place was packed. Jorge wouldn't serve me at first. I had made the mistake of supporting Real Madrid in the champions league. I finally persuaded him that it was the "lesser of two evils" (I'm wasn't going to support the Germans!) and I was backing Barca, as proved by my "Bote" prediction of 2-1 to Barca. Satisfied we finally got our canas.
The match was a cracker. Real scored early. Messi equalised. Real scored a second. Messi equalised. A turning point, Barca had a man sent off. Real scored what looked like the winner. The staff were downhearted. I tried to encourage them "Hay mucho tiempo". 15 minutes really.
Tony Konig was in for the second half. He too tried to be positive even though he doesn't care about football. "You want Barca to score?". "Yes" I cried. "Si" pleaded the bar staff. "Then you need to drink this". It was a brandy. The drink of Barcelona he told me. "Drink this and only positive thoughts". Doctors orders and all so I followed his advice. Messi equalised. "You want Barca to score again?". So its my fault that Barca never went on to win. 3-3 it finished. I wasn't going to have another brandy. Golf in the morning.
Messi Hatrick but I deserve the credit for the 3rd!

No comments:
Post a Comment