Golf at Baviera

The first round of the year! What could I expect? The weather forecast had given strong winds so I wasn't expecting much. Just take it easy, enjoy the views and get back into the swing.



The 10th hole.

My playing partners for the day were local Spaniards Paco and Gustavo. I had played a few holes with Paco before. The first time I played the course. I remembered him playing very well. He announced he was playing off 16. Hmmm the Spanish Rawdo I thought. El Bandito! Gustavo was playing off 18. We'll see. So I was first to drive off again.

It all started as normally does when I haven't played for a while. A bad tee shot that went all of 150 yards. Well it was straight. Paco slams a drive about 300 yards down the middle. Gustavo trailing him by 25 yards, slightly to the right. Its going to be a long day.


Paco & Gustavo out drive me again. Que handicap!

But no! I had found my swing. With the second shot of the day. A chip & a putt for par. I even shot par on the horrible par 5 3rd, the hardest on the course. A respectful 9 points off the first 4 holes. Then it went wrong. Always does when I go for the driver. When will I learn!

By the end of the round I had no birdies to show. I had been comprhensively thrashed by Paco (16 yeah right). At least I wasn't buying las cervezas as I beat Gustavo by 2 points. 31 points in the end. Not a complete disaster but better things to come.

Shot of the Day: Magnificent 3 wood on the Par 5 3rd hole. Set me up for my 1st par on the hole.

Hack of the Day: Driver on Par 5 5th hole. Sliced right, over the safety nets into the urbanisation. Good job there are no guiries on holiday yet.

No comments: