Pata Negra y Queso

When I first moved to Spain I never thought I would get to like cheese. However, after Monica's gentle coaxing (well more like "eat it or starve") I have acquired a taste for the "Queso Joven". Especially when accompanied by serano ham and a glass of red wine.


Pata Negra y Queso.

I like my Jamon serano. So when Manolo at Cavana 5 told us about "Pata Negra" I was intrigued. Basically, Pata Negra is the best Jamon around. I always thought they were all the same. So we went to the delicatessen to try for ourselves. There we were invited to a taste test of the three jamons available. The Pata Negra was the best. All that was left was for me to choose the wine (Faustino XII) and Monica to choose the cheese (Garcia Vaquero).



Look Mum I'm eating cheese!

Monica prepared the plato and we tucked in. Fine food and wine. Now what for the entertainment? Watch 24? Lost maybe. No we went for poker. Monica even won a few games. A great cheap night in!

No comments: