If someone knows please tell me. I am absolutely clueless. I have been studying for 2 years now and I still cannot understand a bloody word they say. Unless we are in Burriana where the only language is English.
I started by buying a "teach yourself" course. "Hugo Spanish in 3 months". I can do most of the exercises and understand the basics but it doesn't really help me with understanding the spoken word.
I then tried a number of tapes. I am currently trying the Pimsleur course. I have already listened to the Michel Thomas course. Both are great. When you are listening to them. They are easy to understand. Helps you build confidence... But that confidence is blown away with a quick "Que!" down at the bar.
I have had 22 lessons at the local school. Great! Again, it helps build the confidence but you still get the same frustrations in the real world. And the cost is a little steep at €21 a lesson. Why can't I speak Spanish Antonio! His answer. Because I still mentally live in the UK. Its going to take a long, long time....
No comments:
Post a Comment